Countdown to HKonJ 365
- Passage of the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act
- Equal Protection Under the Law for ALL Persons
- Living Wages and Collective Bargaining Rights for ALL Workers
- A Sound and Basic Education for ALL Children
- Passage of Federal and State Legislation for Police and Accountability and Reform
- Environmental Justice for ALL Communities
- Medicaid Expansion and Healthcare for ALL
- Safe and Affordable Housing
- Treatment of Persons Incarcerated and Formerly Incarcerated with Dignity and Humanity
- Protection of Women’s Rights and Reproductive Jusitce
Remembering Civil Rights Trailblazer Carolyn Q. Coleman
We mourn the passing of longtime Guilford County commissioner, former NAACP State President, and current State and National Executive Board member, Commissioner Carolyn Q. Coleman. Commissioner Coleman was a champion for change and a servant of the people across the state and nation.
As a fierce public servant, Commissioner Coleman served as a special assistant to Governor Jim Hunt for eight years and trusted advisor to the governor for minority-related legislation. An active volunteer in numerous organizations, Commissioner Coleman was instrumental in getting the Guilford County Board of Commissioners to hold food drives during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Commissioner Coleman’s trailblazing spirit and legacy of leadership will be sorely missed.